How is Malta during winter?
Why limit diving activities to the summer season? Exploit the pleasant temperature and conditions of Malta during the winter months to explore and discover new dive sites out of the summer caos.
Less daylight, more excitement!
Would you loke to feel how it is to be the only one diving on a huge wreck?
The majority of divers visit the Maltese Archipelago during summer months.
Winter may be the ideal period to enjoy the dive sites at most; often it happens to be the only two diving on a site. Thrilling and exciting at the same time.
Open all year round DiveBase proposes diving excursions everyday also during the holidays.
7 facts that will make you dive & visit malta in winter:
- WARM TEMPERATURES : from December to April the air temperatures go from 10°C at night to max 16°-17°C during the day; as well the water temperature during these months won’t go below 15°C.
- NO CROWDS : no queue at the main interest points, less traffic on the streets, restaurants available and feeling to be the only one in the island.
- SMALL GROUPS: enjoying diving excursions in small groups with no rush and no stress
- MARINE LIFE: fish and marine creatures feel less threatened by human presence on the surface and under; fish get closer to the reefs and shores, the show it’s all for your eyes.
- VISIBILITY: also in winter season maltese waters permit to have great visibility up to and over 30 meters.
- HOLIDAY SEASONS: It’s well known that Maltese people have a deep holiday spirit; during the holiday season in Malta and Gozo are organized many events and shows. Check the events’ calendar sponsored by VisitMalta.com
- SKILLS UPGRADING: a good diver is that one that is able to dive in different environments, with different buddies and is able to adjust its skills to the situation. Winter conditions in winter differ from the summer ones; exploit them to become a more expert diver.
Did you dive with DiveBase during the 2018? Celebrate DiveBase 1st anniversary with a SPECIAL PROMO reserved only for you!
31/10/2018 – HALLOWEE’N SPOOKY NIGHT DIVE
What’s more scary than a night dive on Halloween Night?
You never know what strange creatures lives underwater! Watch your back!
08/12/2018 – DIVE AT CIRKEWWA REEF TO CONGRATULATE THE VIRGIN MARY FOR HER CONCEPTION!
Dive suitable for Open Water certified divers and higher levels.
25/12/2018 – CHRISTMAS DAY DIVE – CHAMPAGNE POP & PRESENT UNWRAP
Unwrap your presents underwater during DiveBase Christmas morning dive at one of best dive Malta’s dive site. Cheers to Christmas popping champagne with your diving friends.
Santa has already been to Y-40® The Deep Joy, find out together if he is delivering presents also in Malta.
31/12/2018 – END OF YEAR DIVE
End up the 2018 celebrating all this year achievements and successes.
Celebrate 2018 with your friends diving and free your mind of all the troubles and thought that you had this year. Pop the bottle underwater and CHEERS to this 2018!
01/01/2019 – CELEBRATE 2019
Dive in the New Year doing what you like! Well begun is half done!
Pick up some tips by Miguel Lozano and other Freediving Champions; there’s always a reason to celebrate, there is always a new way to do it!
06/01/19 EPIPHANY & THREE WISE MEN ARRIVAL & CHRISTMAS PART2.
Holidays and presents season isn’t over yet! Unwrap your presents as never done before.
Bring your Underwater Camera to film it. You will remember it for ages!
Contact DiveBase Team to know more about DIVING IN WINTER! Live unforgettable experiences in Malta also in winter time! CONTACT NOW